Now we all know how powerful and useful is LCS for Dynamics 365 projects. There are a lot of tools to manage your project efficiently and their powerful tool helps you to manage your project well. For any project Data management (import and export) is very essentials milestone for any environment and this can surely be a time consuming and lengthy if we are not using the right tools.
Well, LifeCycle service (LCS) provides a powerful tool to manage the data import and export for a project. Configuration and data manager tool (to import data package, will cover in next post) allows selecting multiple data packages and import in any environment for a project. In this article, I will show how to create default data package in LCS asset library. This tool will help you create the default template in a sequential manner.
(However, I planed a long back to write this article but…. I hope its never too late. )
1. Login into https://lcs.dynamics.com/ using your organization credentials.
2. Select the project and go to Asset library > Process data Package; if you didn't see this tool icon on project landing page then try below
You can see we have only 2 files here.
3. Now to create default packages click on Import button and select a library from the list,
4. The above step will create a new record in process data package, it will create the data packages under ‘Data package’ tab in Asset library.
5. Once this process done you can go back to configuration and data manage toll you can see all the packages available here. You can download them, you can import them into any other environment. Also, you can download and fill out the data and upload them back on LCS to deploy these package on another environment.
Thanks all for the subjected topic, the below few details to explore further,
You can also update the Data packages (add new records, remove associate business process etc, ). To explore this go back to Asset library and click on your record and follow below steps.
In the next screen (Add data packages) you will see the list of all packages with sequencing number.
Also if you click on each package in above list in right window you will the details for the selected package.
Click on next> Next and complete this wizard. (for this post don’t select anything on 4th step ‘Associate business process to data package’)