Some times we faced unusual error after installing Dynamics AX Workflow: “401 Unauthorized” after running Workflow infrastructure configuration wizard
(Dynamics AX –> Administration –> Setup)
at the first time installation of Dynamics Ax then you should go through the following steps….
It is mainly happening when database, AOS, Application and workflow servers are individual (especially workflow & AOS and Database server)
- Check AOS Service is running under an active domain user (domain\username)
- Workflow website and workflow application pool are having the same .NET Business Connector user name Identity (and of course, this should be an active domain user)
- You added the workflow website (http://servername:portnumber/DynamicsAXWorkflow50 for example) to the trusted sites in Internet Options of AOS server
- Run the following on the Workflow server:
- After checking above points and then perform the following steps
- Start a command prompt.
- Locate and then change to the directory that contains the Adsutil.vbs file. (By default, this directory is C:\Inetpub\Adminscripts.)
- Type the following command, and then press ENTER: cscript adsutil.vbs set w3svc/NTAuthenticationProviders “NTLM”
- To verify that the NtAuthenticationProviders metabase property is set to NTLM, type the following command, and then press ENTER: cscript adsutil.vbs get w3svc/NTAuthenticationProviders
NTAuthenticationProviders : (STRING) "NTLM"
After completing above procedure successfully then please take a restart of Ax and IIS service and then workflow infrastructure configuration wizard will work fine.