How to install microsoft dynamics ax 2009 on windows 7Here is steps to install AX on Win-7 (non-server OS),
Dynamics AX Basic Installation:
- Make sure you are logged in through your domain account (domain\user) on your laptop, not local system account.
- You should have local admin rights on your laptop.
- Install SQL Server 2008 with SP1. Service account for this should be local system.
- Install AX 2009. You need to be connected to your domain while installing AX. Ignore warning that says this operating system is not supported.
- AOS again should run under local system, instead of your domain account. Because this way you can use AX when you are out of your domain network.
Hint: At the time of installation select Network service and after successful installation convert AOS service account to Local System.
- On the next screen, uncheck checkbox which says start AOS after installation.
- Click Install and you are done with the basic AX 2009 installation.
- To get it running with SQL Server 2008 SP1, you need AX 2009 SP1.
- Install AX 2009 SP1.
- Start AOS. (Optional: you may need to change the AOS service account to Local System).
- In AX, AdministratorSetupSecuritySystem service account, Set BC Proxy Account to your domain account (user , domain.com).
- Import Demo Data.
Dynamics AX Role Center & Enterprise Portal Installation:
- EP needs Sharepoint portal to be installed on your laptop. To install WSS / MOSS on your Windows 7 OS follow this link. http://theaxapta.blogspot.in/2013/03/installing-microsoft-sharepoint.html
- Once you have installed & configured Sharepoint, install Role center & Enterprise portal from the AX installation CD. It will run fine; I have checked it on my laptop.
- If you have Visual Studio 2008 installed, then you can also install enterprise portal development tools.